So, this was not what Darren and I had planned on Christmas Eve but Taylor had other plans. I had taken him into his well baby check up on Tuesday, Dec. 23. He had has RSV so I knew they wouldn't give shots but they still wanted to see him. While we were there I mentioned that Taylor doesn't hold his neck straight and never has. I thought being a preemie he was just a little behind.
The Doctor told us she wanted him to get a CT scan and see what is wrong. They scheduled it for the next day and that is how we ended up at the hospital for SIX hours Christmas Eve. It was so hard seeing my baby go to sleep with anesthetic. We had a great Doctor who stayed with him the whole time in the CT room and a wonderful, sweet nurse that was with him the entire time until he was discharged.
He did really well with the sedation but was pretty cranky for about 24 hours after. We should get the results tomorrow or the next day.

4 comments:
That's our sweet Taylor. He has been such a wonderful little blessing our whole Christmas week. How greatly we have been blessed to be here with our almost "whole" family for a week, but the Temple is calling and we must return early in the morning. We love you, Asay, Gribbin and Taylor families!
Oh, Christine! That is so scary...just the anesthesia alone terrifies me, but now you know he can handle it! What a sweetheart. Hope everything turns out OK!
Oh my friend, I am so sorry. RSV is such a scary thing. I don't think that there is anything harder than watching your little one struggle. My son had it twice, and it broke my heart. YOu are in our prayers my friend!
It's so scary when things like this happen to our kids, especially little guys. Our prayers and thoughts are with all of you for a healthy & happy 2009.
Post a Comment