CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Were home!

We got home two days ago. Because Taylor is small, the hospital had to do something called a carseat test. In the NICU they put him in his carseat and put monitors on him and monitored him for an hour. They made sure his oxygen levels stayed up and his pulse was ok. Small babies don't always fit in carseats well and they will have you buy a new carseat or stay in the hospital for a few more days until the baby can fit in the carseat. So anyway, it was a big deal and he PASSED! We were so glad we got to take him home.



We had to have Taylor weighed yesterday and he gained a 1/2 ounce since leaving the hospital! So he is now 5lbs 10.5 ounces. He is doing so good. And is such a good baby. He loves to watch his brothers and sister. He also loves it when they hold him. The kids are so happy we are home and they can't get enough of him. He is so much fun!



I am doing OK Still recovering from the C-section. And my blood pressure is still high. 140 over 90 but it was 180 over 105! But they finally got the right combo of medicine to bring it down and let me come home. The doctor is hopeful that in the next couple of weeks my blood pressure will calm down and I can go off all the meds. This is all the result of the preclampysia.



We again are so grateful to our Heavenly Father for Taylor's safe arrival. It's hard to imagine him not being in our lives. He is just the perfect fit to our family puzzle.




Let's go home!

6 comments:

Alex and Jessica and kids said...

Oh, my goodness wow. I am so glad you are home and everyone is doing well. Congrats!!

QtKarie said...

Christine!! Wow, what an adventure!!! And happy anniversary to you and Darren, BTW. :o) Taylor is adorable. Thank you for the comment on my blog so I knew to check your blog and see how you're all doing. You are an amazing mom!! Congrats on bringing such a handsome wonderful little man into this world. I can't believe all the hair he has! I look forward to your call when your up to it. Take your time, no rush. Take care of you and baby. I'm so happy for you! Much love,
Karie ;)

Karynn said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you. What an adorable little one. I had every intention of calling you on your birthday, but it was the last week of school so I was racing every hour of every day. Happy Belated Birthday! I thought of you all day. I didn't even know you had the baby!
Love ya!
Karynn

Anonymous said...

I did not know that you were blogging. I am so glad that you are home. Taylor looks so sweet! Love your background, great minds think alike.

Thekrogman said...

Hey Christine. Mike Krog here. Long time no talk/see. Hey our blog is going private and we want all of our friends to be able to see it. Email Angie at angiebokrog@yahoo.com and we will add you. :) I know I have been bad at it but this is a good way to keep in touch and follow what's going on with you and your fam. :)

Thekrogman said...

Also, my email is thekrogman@yahoo.com. Drop me a line sometime. :)